What is the Status of the Game and a few other questions

Novus Aeterno discussions; what more needs to be said?

What is the Status of the Game and a few other questions

Postby Lotsalegos98 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:27 am

Hey.

I started tracking this game a few months after the Kickstarter ended and have been following it up to now. What is happening? It seems like the game is never anywhere close to even a beta and that makes me sad because I am totally sold on the game (I havent even played. just from what ive read and watched.)

Some questions I have are. 1.)Is the game available for purchase still? 2.)Can I still get the Karchirias Fleet and Capital Ship? 3.)If i download the launcher now and play. will i still have to pay for the game later and will i have to restart?

Then I have a few related to game play. 1.)Do the factions sub classes (i.e. The Law, Demon Hunter, Smuggler ec.t) have any relation to the DIME system. like does a smuggler represent the E portion for the pirate faction? 2.)Do they effect the appearance of your fleet, officers, and buildings? 3.) Do the sub classes have any bearing or affect on the DIME system (i.e. does the Law get a military boost or something?) 4.)Can you specialize in one of the four parts of DIME or do you run all four at once? I want to specialize in Intelligence so how would that work? (what would i do and build and use to gather and manipulate intell?) 5.)What is the difference in research and crafting? do both effect your cp points?

Thanks For reading and answering any of these. Really looking forward to playing.
Lotsalegos98
Lotsalegos98

Re: What is the Status of the Game and a few other questions

Postby Therianwolf » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:07 am

Game had to be rebuilt in a new engine, legal issues. Sypheria occasionally streams on twitch when he's working on the coding.

1. Yes it's right HERE
2. Not sure, it's still possible to add to your pledge so maybe… I'm too lazy to check my reward page to see if I can purchase additional stuff
3. No and no. No you won't have to pay more that $25 is for your eventual steam key and no because there is currently no public access due to the whole restarting in a new engine

Second 1 - 3. No the dime system is something every player must balance themselves, including the "sub class" npc's. You can't focus solely on the military part of dime but you will go bankrupt since you need to fund your war. Now you can still be all war so long as you have a economy player (who focuses solely on financing) playing you, this can allow/create an actual micro economy within the game which there have been talking about forming actual governing body through alliances and contracts between alliances. The "sub classes" are no sub classes in a traditional MMO, for starters they aren't sub classes. Pirate, smuggler, demon hunter yatta yatta are NPC's that should be treated much like any other player in the game because that is what they are. They follow the same dime system we will and so they much also balance it through trade, information gathering, military expansion and deals/quest giving. Unlike players however they will never fully be erased and probably have access to unlimited resources.

And 4. As I said earlier you can specialize in one or more of the dime system so long as you have external sources to balance you out over all. And intelligence player for example can sell off the information the acquire, the new protocol system is an excellent example of how intelligence can play a huge role. However if you focus only on intelligence your armies will be cannon fodder, your research/tech will be slow to advance and you may end up with more enemies then you had hoped. There are/will be alliance that are open to having "departments" where groups of players focus on this or that and over all balance each other allowing each person to play to their strengths. Hope that answered all your questions
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Postby Therianwolf » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:14 am

Right… forgot 5. First off your CP points are to my understanding solely related to unit count, much like Starcraft, but we also managed to convince the devs to NOT have a hard limit on that. So there is no limit to how many ships one can have, so long as you don't mind the debuffs and negative effects of being "too big". As for research and crafting, well one produces products the other advances your stuff. Research is similar to how spec or tech trees work, where are crafting is closer to… well crafting in any other game. Get the material, bring them to your factory (yes that means they must be transported across space), put them together and boom you get a product. The specs of which will vary and making the same item as someone else does not guarantee the same specs. Research can give you the blueprints to craft the item is a good in a nut shell sort of explanation.
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Postby Lotsalegos98 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:38 am

Thank you so much for this helpful information. The website is a bit confusing and having those questions answered is a big help. I was hoping you had to balance the DIME system (i love that. im really good at turning a profit in any game i play). You have been a huge help. I cant wait to play the game. Ill be making a couple purchases soon with the information you gave. Thanks again
Lotsalegos98

Postby Lotsalegos98 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:40 am

As two quick clarification questions. First. DO i need a steam account to eventually get this game? and the second is more of a curiosity. What system are they going to use. Last i heard it was havoc. is that what they are moving to or getting off of?

Other game related question. From the livestreams ive watched it looks like you will be able to save ship loadouts for future building. has that changed? also. I have heard conflicting on the corvettes. I have heard they only have light weapons and secondaries or that they just have secondaries? which is the case? I know that putting a weapong suitable for a dreadnaught would wreck the ballance but what solution do they have?
Lotsalegos98

Postby Lord Tyrius » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:31 pm

(To my knowledge) the game is currently not for purchse, the tiers that give access have been removed from the page Therian linked to. So without some trickery you can't get a tier high enough to get a game key (but right now nobody has access anyway). I believe once the game is ready again there will also be an option to buy into it again.

From what I can remember, while the game will eventually be available over steam, it is not required to play. While it'll most likely be the easiest, I think they said they would come up with a way to make the game accessable without steam as well (I don't know if this is still up-to-date information).
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Postby Lord Tyrius » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:33 pm

You design ships so you can then build as many ships of a design as you want/can afford. For the question about corvettes, I guess that kind of balance is always subject to change, but they should have significantly less weapon slots than the bigger hulls, also there is balancing going on with a rate of fire property that comes with the hull.

They were initially using the Havoc Vision Engine and are now transitioning over to Unity 5.
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Postby Therianwolf » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:40 pm

Also wanted to add, any weapon can go onto any ship. It's just the number of slots differ with hulls
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Postby Sypheria » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:40 pm

Components have size classifications now.
If you have a size A weapon slot, you can put any weapon in there, but if your hull has a size E slot only size E weapons can be equipped into it.
A corvette might have a couple Es and a D or so.
So dreads will be able to equip more heavy duty weapons and corvettes won't be capable.
This replaces the primary/secondary system that we tried a little of.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Therianwolf » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:32 pm

A little!? That was the whole weapon system until now. I like this new system however, it means there can be weapon that's extremely valuable not because of its damage or effect but because of its size in relation to those other two factors. Good idea, keep them coming
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Next

Return to General