Race to hull flexability

Novus Aeterno discussions; what more needs to be said?

Race to hull flexability

Postby Lotsalegos98 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:42 am

So from what ive heard different races can utilize different hulls. What is the break down on that? Is it the marks of hull? What is the flexibility on what you can install (i.e. could a human use cb weapons or viceversa)? What about ship captures? Is capturing un combat even possible? Could a Human capture and use a cb ship? Could they replicate that ship or tech on it?
How about carrier style ships. Is there one style of fighters and bombers or will they have a similar amount of flexibility to about everything else in the game. (i.e. can you put better guns or loadouts? Like taking a fighter and making it a strike fighter? or engines or targeting systems? Is there a particular module that would be installed to carry fighters and bombers? Could you build ships that aren't dedicated carriers but carry a few fighters for defense?

Lots of questions. Thanks for any answers.
Lotsalegos98
Lotsalegos98

Re: Race to hull flexability

Postby Sypheria » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:56 am

You can do whatever you want.
It's just harder to unlock tech and make tech that isn't your starting species.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Lotsalegos98 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:00 am

Is there one style of fighters and bombers or will they have a similar amount of flexibility to about everything else in the game. (i.e. can you put better guns or loadouts? Like taking a fighter and making it a strike fighter? or engines or targeting systems? Is there a particular module that would be installed to carry fighters and bombers? Could you build ships that aren't dedicated carriers but carry a few fighters for defense?
Lotsalegos98

Postby Lord Tyrius » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:50 am

Fighter bays are components that you can place in any hull with the necessary slot. (Utility I think it is in this case). I don't know if fighters will be customizable, most likely not initially.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lord Tyrius

Postby ante185 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:13 pm

Customisation of carrier groups may be to much micro, but them having their own improvement techs and/or possibly improving off related technologies and upgrades (ie techs for larger ships leading to a realisation that they can improve the CAGs as well)
Realised something about myself, caused me a personal crisis and gave me w new hobby. Now I need how to draw fml
ante185

Return to General