This game still alive?

Novus Aeterno discussions; what more needs to be said?

This game still alive?

Postby Carenuts » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:28 pm

Hello all!

I was wondering if this game is still work-in progres? When i introduced my self (2 years ago) i was told it was getting steam acces?

Also i never get any update emails of any updates on the game and haven't even tried the game yet lol. So if that's possible i'd love to check it out.
Carenuts

Re: This game still alive?

Postby KrAcKeRsTaXx » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:26 am

yea id like to know aswell i paid almost 80 dollers into this and havent heard jack about it... some info would be great hopfully i dont need to wait another three years.
KrAcKeRsTaXx

Postby Lord Tyrius » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:12 am

The game was open to all backers for a while, for everyone to get a feeling for what the game will be like. There were some heavy changes being done, during which access to the game was closed again, because it wasn't really playable/enjoyable.
Currently work is being done on some super cool, but also super secret stuff, that nobody can talk about (also no news/builds in our QA group for a while). Nothing nice I can tell you apart from that, sadly.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lord Tyrius

Postby Aetherblade » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Hey guys!

The game is indeed still work-in-progress. We have been putting out updates about this on our kickstarter page, here on our forum, and Facebook. We are currently working on a project I can not talk about quite yet, but it is going to be a great upgrade for the game once again. I'm not sure when the next open (or backer) alpha is going to happen again, but we will let you know as soon as we are sure.

Since you may have missed the updates, I just want to quickly repeat myself here as well. While the game has not released when we wanted to initially (because the engine we were using was changed by its developer to focus on mobile platforms and then fully discontinued, so we had to rebuild it all), the game as it is right now already, and especially as it is going to be, is much much better than we had planned in every possible way. We are really convinced that the extended waiting period, as annoying as it might be for all involved sometimes, is going to be for the better in the end, and I can't wait to show it all off when we are ready to do so.

In the meantime, feel free to ask any questions you may have, we will answer any we can, gladly.

Here is a link to the KS updates: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/21 ... es/updates
(We are currently under NDA about the project for the game we are working on, but when that lifts expect another batch of updates about it!)

And thanks for being and patient as you all have been, we really appreciate it and are working our collective asses off to make it worth your while!

Cheers,
Luuk
Guide to the game:
Link
Game tutorial videos: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2901

Want to keep up to date on the playtesting / server status, or just talk to the developers? The steam group is a good way to get in touch! We are always in chat on Thursdays and often on the days as well to talk with you guys about whatever :). Link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NovusA ... filtrators
Aetherblade

Postby Carenuts » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:35 am

Good to hear the game is still work-in-progress.

I have a few questions.

If you guys are focusing on mobile platform how will this effect PC players since most of us paid full game price or more

Will it get a gem system that most mobile games now a days have?

do you have any ETA on the update?
Carenuts

Postby Aetherblade » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:24 am

Carenuts wrote:Good to hear the game is still work-in-progress.

I have a few questions.

If you guys are focusing on mobile platform how will this effect PC players since most of us paid full game price or more

Will it get a gem system that most mobile games now a days have?

do you have any ETA on the update?

1. We are not focusing on mobile at all. The problem was that the engine we were using to build the game upon got refocused towards that area, which forced us to switch to our new engine (Unity). While this meant that we had to waste a lot of time to retool our game in the new engine, in the end Unity allows us to develop much fast and at a much higher quality. So it should turn out better for everyone :).

2. Like I said, mobile is not our focus at all. We may eventually get a mobile aspect, but that will likely just be an alternate way to play the same game or part of the same game. I could see trade, diplomacy, etc. go via mobile interface for example. Combat could work too, though the interface for it would need to made specifically for that.

3. No, unfortunately. We will show what we can as soon as we can. Our current project is going to be a great upgrade for the game, but we don't want to really announce it before it is ready to be showed.

Hope that answers your questions?
Guide to the game:
Link
Game tutorial videos: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2901

Want to keep up to date on the playtesting / server status, or just talk to the developers? The steam group is a good way to get in touch! We are always in chat on Thursdays and often on the days as well to talk with you guys about whatever :). Link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NovusA ... filtrators
Aetherblade

Postby Carenuts » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:41 am

Aetherblade wrote:1. We are not focusing on mobile at all. The problem was that the engine we were using to build the game upon got refocused towards that area, which forced us to switch to our new engine (Unity). While this meant that we had to waste a lot of time to retool our game in the new engine, in the end Unity allows us to develop much fast and at a much higher quality. So it should turn out better for everyone :).

2. Like I said, mobile is not our focus at all. We may eventually get a mobile aspect, but that will likely just be an alternate way to play the same game or part of the same game. I could see trade, diplomacy, etc. go via mobile interface for example. Combat could work too, though the interface for it would need to made specifically for that.

3. No, unfortunately. We will show what we can as soon as we can. Our current project is going to be a great upgrade for the game, but we don't want to really announce it before it is ready to be showed.

Hope that answers your questions?

Oh i must of read it wrong, My bad.

Thank you for answering my questions i cant wait to see the update. :)
Carenuts

Postby AeonH4x » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:10 am

I actually have a quick question, would you say the game is at a further along state gameplay wise than the version that was last released to infiltrators?
War does not determine who is right, only who is left. - Bertrand Russel
No Regrets Only Glory
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.

AeonH4x

Postby Sypheria » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:24 am

Most definitely.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby AeonH4x » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:03 am

All I needed to hear, will keep checking back.
Cheers lads
War does not determine who is right, only who is left. - Bertrand Russel
No Regrets Only Glory
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.

AeonH4x

Next

Return to General