Why Have There Been No Updates On Progress For A Year?!

Novus Aeterno discussions; what more needs to be said?

Why Have There Been No Updates On Progress For A Year?!

Postby luferiac » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:31 pm

I have checked The official You Tube channel and there have been no new videos for a whole year! I have been wondering whats going on. If anybody can point me to some videos or updates on the development i'd appreciate it.

p.s --> (why has the You Tube channel not been uploading videos?)
luferiac

Re: Why Have There Been No Updates On Progress For A Year?!

Postby Shadows » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:42 pm

Unfortunately development could not continue without what appears to be an angel investor/publisher. This group has made it so Taitale cannot share information with the public, since the game is under NDA. This is probably because that's how said entity has always ran it's business.

They actually had to completely switch engines because the old one was being catered towards mobile games/applications. If memory serves, they switched to unity which is a much more stable (won't change on them) option.

However, there are a few snippets of updates from sypheria on the forums. The most important being that the game is further along than the old infiltrator build that was on the old engine. The current development team is larger than when they started, and they have funding.

Seems like wins all around, I would suggest checking out the last 3 updates on the main page as they are about the new builds' progress IIRC

Edit:
Wins all around, except us being in the dark of course. I do hope they hype up the game a bit before some type of early access. I would also be curious if they're still going to do an infiltrator build before early access
Shadows

Postby luferiac » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:47 pm

Thanks for the fast reply though i though that Novus Aeterno had the funding they needed. Did they run out of money?
luferiac

Postby Lord Tyrius » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:54 pm

Shadow pretty much sums it up.
The kickstarter money could only pay for food and rent for so long, for a long time now the dev team/friends/family have put in all the money they have.
The graphics engine switch was an unfortunate necessity, and could not be calculated with.

I hope that the talks with the publisher are going well, so we can see the progress they have made.
I'll be around whenever, but I'd rather have an update the next months than next year ;)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Postby Shadows » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:55 pm

luferiac wrote:Thanks for the fast reply though i though that Novus Aeterno had the funding they needed. Did they run out of money?

They did, and they actually built the game such that infiltrators could access it. I believe everyone was given access eventually. However, they disliked the limitations of the engine and wanted to go with something with more freedom. This second iteration of a game went on without funding for quite some time, but within the last year or so they have been picked up by an investor... who deals on ndas I imagine.

So in the end, they have more freedom with the game... less freedom with releasing information. However, considering the KS funding was spent on the first engine game, I'm happy we are getting anything at all
Shadows

Postby Lord Tyrius » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:07 am

As I understand it, they have not been "picked up" yet, but are in the lengthy process of talking to a publisher. And while that they are under NDA, because the publisher doesn't want to be known until things are sorted out.
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Postby Shadows » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:43 am

I disagree, would be hard to have a team larger than when they began without being "picked up". Unless sypheria was feeding us false information, but I don't think that's his style ^^

Perhaps it's something even messier, where they had a previous investor but now need to get in bed with another publisher. Honestly, there's no way of telling. But being told the game is further along than the infiltrator build and the development team is larger than it began...is enough for me.

I also don't think it's any of our business, we are no longer funding this game whatsoever. Even if we were, I'd say it's none of our business. I think the question that remains is if you trust the devs, and I do. I'm certain you do as well. I'm certain they will get something figured out, if they haven't already. My gut says a deal's already been made.

It's clear they've fought for this game, and that definitely earns my respect.
Shadows

Postby KrAcKeRsTaXx » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:38 pm

actully i think it is are business sence iv put 70 dollers of my own money in to this game id like to know i little to were thats going ...i feel shafted alittle not getting any info in whats happining with the game wondering if it was better to throw my money out the window.
KrAcKeRsTaXx

Postby Shadows » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:11 am

You put $70 dollars into the game. Great. Still doesn't give you some omnipotent powers that require the devs to divulge all of their secrets.

There's no denying the fact that Taitale ran out of KS funds a long time ago. In fact, they were doing everything out of pocket for quite some time.

That money you spent went into the infiltrator/early access version on the old engine. You should have received access way back when, if you failed to partake that was on you.

The devs could have looked at what they had, and just threw it on steam early access to die. They wouldn't have to give out refunds or any explanations. Sure, people would be angry... but at least the struggle would be over. Instead, they hunkered down and switched to a more worthy engine that clearly had no plans of going mobile in the future.

They are no longer working with kickstarter funds, and even if they did they don't owe you anything more than an explanation... which they have already given. If that's not enough for you, fine. But don't throw the "I spent monies I deserve xxx" argument, it rarely holds weight.
Shadows

Postby ante185 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:10 am

In fact, I would even go as far to say that when it comes to kickstarter stuff it holds no weight. You invested in this and this is how it went, so quit whining and go play something else, if nothing comes from this project then boo fucking hoo about your 70 dollars, and mine, it's an amount of money the we can just shrug off, it's an minuscule loss, for us that don't have thousands invested in this
Realised something about myself, caused me a personal crisis and gave me w new hobby. Now I need how to draw fml
ante185

Next

Return to General