Even I'm Excited for the Update

Novus Aeterno discussions; what more needs to be said?

Even I'm Excited for the Update

Postby Sypheria » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:20 pm

I think it's really telling when this is an actual conversation that occurs between 2 devs:

Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Re: Even I'm Excited for the Update

Postby exioce » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:50 am

Lol, I was wondering who the Matt Ibbotson, who shared his rather extensive games list with me on Google Drive, was. Now I see.

Looking forward to the update, and the confirmation of my hunch that you guys partnered up with Paradox!
exioce

Postby Shadows » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:53 pm

exioce wrote:Lol, I was wondering who the Matt Ibbotson, who shared his rather extensive games list with me on Google Drive, was. Now I see.

Looking forward to the update, and the confirmation of my hunch that you guys partnered up with Paradox!

For better or worse, I think the partnership has ended. If I read the kickstarter comments correctly. Could be wrong though, go take some time and read them if you haven't. Some REALLY good information on what we can expect there.

Based on:
"over a year ago we started working with a publisher who wanted us to change to use another game IP.
-3 months ago we parted ways with that publisher (75% there choice 25% ours)"

It's definitely a shame, publisher always means more support. But I suppose they have more leeway with how the game is going to turn out in the end.

I especially liked the comments on how they are trying to get away from the tediousness that was ship creation of old.. making it more fun rather than a chore. Takes away from some empire building aspects, but hopefully we can still create social empires and whatnot. :)
Shadows

Postby exioce » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:30 pm

Shadows wrote:For better or worse, I think the partnership has ended. If I read the kickstarter comments correctly. Could be wrong though, go take some time and read them if you haven't. Some REALLY good information on what we can expect there.

Based on:
"over a year ago we started working with a publisher who wanted us to change to use another game IP.
-3 months ago we parted ways with that publisher (75% there choice 25% ours)"

It's definitely a shame, publisher always means more support. But I suppose they have more leeway with how the game is going to turn out in the end.

I especially liked the comments on how they are trying to get away from the tediousness that was ship creation of old.. making it more fun rather than a chore. Takes away from some empire building aspects, but hopefully we can still create social empires and whatnot. :)

Oh yeah, definitely a shame but good that the partnerships happened, as I'm sure it gave the devs some breathing room in terms of financing the game and their lives in general.
exioce

Postby TheMightySpin » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:41 am

Sooo, if i'm reading this right (and it's been a hot minute since I've checked the forumsso I may be missing something), it sounds like we've finally gotten back on track with development and squared away some of those legal issues, yes? I'm not going to let myself get too hyped up, but you're making me giddy here!
In the beginning, there was chaos, and the chaos was the Infantry, the Queen of Battle. However, the Queen was alone. And fear was with the Infantry, so she cried out unto the Lord saying, "Lord, save us for we are afraid!"

The Lord said unto them, "I shall send unto you a race of men noble in heart and spirit." And the Lord created the Field Artillery, and named them the King of Battle.

And the Lord gave the King big guns and big bullets. And the Infantry were jealous, for they had none. And the Lord gave the Field Artillery rockets and missiles and nukes. And when the Infantry saw this, they fell to their knees in awesome wonder, saying surely the Lord is on the side of the Field Artillery, the King of Battle

Hail to the King, Baby
TheMightySpin

Postby Shadows » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:39 pm

Sounds like the update will come out in the next few days... definitely excited 😊

Long wait ahead I'm sure, but hopefully there will be a little better information flow.
Shadows

Postby Aetherblade » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:21 am

Shadows wrote:Sounds like the update will come out in the next few days... definitely excited 😊

Long wait ahead I'm sure, but hopefully, there will be a little better information flow.

The update is out, as you have probably seen, and there will be a lot more coming too. We still have a lot to talk about, so a lot more updates will be forthcoming.
Aetherblade

Return to General