Information Dump - Future of the game.

Novus Aeterno discussions; what more needs to be said?

Information Dump - Future of the game.

Postby Huginn » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:59 pm

Right so i'm writing this in good faith for the developers and the rest of the forumites that might be scrunging back to find more information. The change is large and i probably wont be able to add all the details from the beginning.

Anyways...time to give it a new shot. Seeing as i wrote the "Armadas of the Universe" topic before to give people info, its suitable that i return once again to give people the fix they need. So, lets begin.

EDIT: The first thing i need to mention is that the game will no longer be named Novus Aeterno. Currently the name might become "Hades 9", named after the space station that humanity has been forced to reside on.

Where does HADES 9 start?

Players start in a massive alien space station, built by beings unknown and lost to the ages. You get your own dockyard at the station where you can do different things like constructing ships, research, trade, industry and diplomacy. There is peace around the station because without it humanity would die, so its both your base and safe spot in a dangerous universe.

It's a shithole, but the players will be able to change that over time.

You, as a player, will explore the universe and help humanity survive, in its most dire moment.

Station will provide:
- Safe area
- Industry & Construction
- Research
- Trade
- Politics (seizing control of the station politically)

Gameplay features:
- Pve
- PvP
- Exploration (artifacts and more)
- Exploitation (mining and resources)
- Alliances
- More details coming soon.

Preorder bonuses information:
- All preorder bonuses will be added to the game, with exceptions
- The one's who cant be ported to the new game will have a replacement reward decided upon by the community.
- Carcharias and Endgame skins will be the only present skins in the game in the start.
- Design a theory/artifact/ingame component/prototype will be much more interesting and relevant now.
- By launch you will get the opportunity to get a full refund.

Other details:
- Organic universe. Game evolves and adapts and changes over time. (EVE Online is a good example)
- Player controlled market
- Players will be able to build smaller stations, and possibly seize control of a entire system through them.
- Humans will be the only playable race (for starters)
- Ship design

Important development notes:
- The developers top priority is to make the game fun.
- The developers are aiming for a deep experience, rather than wide.
- Might add new playable species as new content after release sometime.

Will update, edit and add more as more details appear. This topic is for spreading information about where the game is going and what you can expect.
Last edited by Huginn on Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Huginn

Re: Information Dump - Future of Novus Aeterno.

Postby willuwontu » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:00 pm

NIce, Awesome Stuff
A programmer started to cuss
Because getting to sleep was a fuss
As he lay in his bed
Looping 'round in his head
Was: while (!asleep()) sheep++;
willuwontu

Re: Information Dump - Future of the game.

Postby exioce » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:23 pm

Aaaaa! I hope it doesn't stay H.A.D.E.S. It's a pet peeve of mine where it's written that way :razz:

Anyhow, looks cool. Where's this info dump coming from? Do all players start on the same station?
exioce

Postby Huginn » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:26 pm

exioce wrote:Aaaaa! I hope it doesn't stay H.A.D.E.S. It's a pet peeve of mine where it's written that way :razz:

Anyhow, looks cool. Where's this info dump coming from? Do all players start on the same station?

All players start on this humongous sized station. The dump is coming from the Taitale studios CEO Nick. I've gotten permission from him to release information to spread awareness about the new direction this game is going.
Huginn

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:12 pm

Anyone is welcome to ask me what ever they want, Huginn has just been messaging me none stop asking questions haha xD
Nick
Suit Battle Armour Commander

Postby exioce » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:19 pm

Nick wrote:Anyone is welcome to ask me what ever they want, Huginn has just been messaging me none stop asking questions haha xD

If everyone starts out in the same system, is there a danger that a large alliance will form and 'camp' people into the safe zone around the station meaning they won't be able to go out and explore?
exioce

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:01 pm

exioce wrote:If everyone starts out in the same system, is there a danger that a large alliance will form and 'camp' people into the safe zone around the station meaning they won't be able to go out and explore?

There are many ways in and out of the stations general area of space, and there is quite a wide policed zone around it.

we foresee the majority of PVP happening at a medium distance away from the station, to close and police and other admirals will wreck you, to far and even if you win the fight you will be to damaged to make it the rest of the way back to Hades alive. the exact details of how this will work is honestly requier alot of itterations of testing .
Nick
Suit Battle Armour Commander

Return to General