[FAQ] - Frequently Asked Questions - Updated

Novus Aeterno discussions; what more needs to be said?

Re: [FAQ] - Frequently Asked Questions - Updated

Postby ELECTROVAMP » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:38 am

I don't need benefits of Steam.
Looks like you are going to release NAE on Steam only when it will achieve certain level of quality and will be much playable than now. I am really interested in development progress only, thats why I ask about release date.
Without time frames development may take many years and lead to nothing.
ELECTROVAMP

Postby Thorium » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:52 pm

When can we gain access to buy the infiltrator tiers again via pay pal?
Thorium

Postby Lord Tyrius » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:22 am

The game will be re-released when the unity client is ready. There will soon be a devblog that will cover the progress that is being made.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Postby Lotsalegos98 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:54 am

Excited about switch to unity. Very strong game engine and it sound much more flexible and opens a bigger market to these guys. Can't wait. Is there a tenative date for re-release. (i know that doing it all over on another engine takes time but just wondering!)
Lotsalegos98

Postby Lord Tyrius » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:39 pm

None that I know of, Sypheria also said "no" and if he says so knowone will have a date for you unfortunately. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14661&start=410#p45135
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Postby Megatron » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:33 pm

This is an FAQ and the question I have has been asked over and over so I won't bother asking but phrase the question, which is "When will the game be released?"

Honestly, I backed this game up in 2014 and have infiltrator access and it is released to me but to be frank, the kickstarter page made it sound like it would have been within a year or so. It's been nearly 3 years now and I'm wondering if this will ever reach completion, especially in the light of the fact that the game is being redone with unity, which is crazy.

I would have rather that you've released what you had and then work on the re-worked version, this way results are seen instead of just being talked about. Perhaps an question should be posted about why the change of direction with game engine and furthermore, why the long delay?
Megatron

Postby Sypheria » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:15 pm

We released it for infiltrators 2 weeks after the money for KS was processed.
After around 8 months we released it for everyone who had the game, anything over $25.
That stayed for nearly a year and then I accidentally broke some stuff on the old client.

Shortly after that we switched over to Unity since the codebase was a mess and Vision became abandonware; there were many bugs with the engine which would never be fixed and we were able to clean up all the problems with the original code in much faster time than it would take to refactor it.

Then we made some major changes to the server, big changes that took advantage of the new client being built from scratch.
This made the original client incompatible and that's where we are right now.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby upupandaway » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:24 pm

What's your strategy for mobile? These days mobile (iOS, Android) is everything when it comes to gaming. Candy Crush and many other apps bring in $1B (that's with a B) per year in revenue. Besides the money, people demand it (even people who are not usually gamers). Did you develop so that your code can be reused for mobile? I realize the UI would have to be somewhat different, but I definitely think it is possible. Any limitations/reasons you can't develop a mobile version now or in the near future? I think it would be a massive mistake to overlook mobile - emphasis on massive. 🍕
Pizza makes me hungry for more pizza, which makes me hungry for ...
upupandaway

Postby Lord Tyrius » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:49 am

While Unity can deploy to all mayor platforms, I think it isn't easy to deliver a good ux for an RTS on mobile. Controls would have to be different.
Maybe more like a companion app, that gives access to some parts of the game?
Idk, but I doubt there is anything planned at this point.
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Postby upupandaway » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:01 am

Re: mobile version of NA ...

Definitely would take some UX work, but with all the auto zoom/scroll abilities of mobile platforms (Android/iOS), you can get really creative (seen code around this).

Slide in buttons from the side can save screen space. Tilting, shaking, twisting, lifting the device can also add to controls. Intelligent snap-to methods can also be used to more easily select [all] items. Hell, voice commands are also possible now. There is also a ridiculously large amount of reusable open source code out there to make it easier to implement.

It takes some thought, but would be revolutionary for a game of this type. Marketing the controls/UI just in themselves would definitely attract attention to NA.

Can also limit to tablet, iPad, tvOS (since larger screen size) initially. Also, don't forget, these mobile phone devices have ability to use Bluetooth/attached game pads. But would implement towards phone devices ideally.

It would just be a shame to severely limit NA to a computer/laptop you sit in front of, and not take advantage of the other 70% of gamers - especially to build a ENORMOUS amount of users/interactions to keep people coming back! Worst case, it lines up some nubies that are easy prey to keep the game more satisfying as you gobble up enemies to level up for the REALLY big wars.

Just too much to pass up!!!!!!!
(P.S.: and unfortunately we all have to realize it's 2017, not 2007 anymore, but it's exciting)
🍕
Pizza makes me hungry for more pizza, which makes me hungry for ...
upupandaway

Previous

Return to General