Has a release timeline been announced?

Novus Aeterno discussions; what more needs to be said?

Has a release timeline been announced?

Postby Hagibah » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:42 pm

I am wondering if there is a possible timeline for release of Novus Aeterno? It was funded back in January and its now July. From what it sounds like, the game is mostly done just bugs are being worked. I'd like to know an approximate time when this game will be ready for the general public. Will it be Winter 2014? Summer 2015? Winter 2015!? I'm a bit frustrated that the update emails are becoming more and more infrequent and there is nothing about it being available anytime soon. I've pretty much all but forgotten about this game and I was very interested in playing it, hence the reason I backed it on kickstarter. I'm starting to feel like I have been cheated out of my money by backing this game. So whats up?
Hagibah

Re: Has a release timeline been announced?

Postby AeonH4x » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:49 pm

No release date yet mate.
Dont forget its a super small team building the game so it was always going to take a long time. They don't want to release it before its ready.

At an educated guess I would say there will be a major development/announcement within the next three months.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left. - Bertrand Russel
No Regrets Only Glory
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.

AeonH4x

Postby Grayblood » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Well i can understand you. I remember signing in on page here alot of time ago, the geting back here and seeing est. date of relese on steam as aprill. I backed it instatnly waiting. Game did not arived which was well not finest thing. Hoever i do understand why it did not arived, they are indead very small team and are doing theyr best (i hope so).

Thro last 2 months i have read alot of updates and seen few of streams, and i must admit i am impresed abaut how much they did. I wuld love them to post game on the steam on the form as you play - but you cannot buy it yet. They must have good reason why they are not doing this, maybe they cannot, maybe they are afraid of posting this as well preaty much basic playable version.

This game have to of potential and i am sure sooner or later it will be given to those who backed it, hoever we need to be paitient. While i am frustrated that theyr post are becoming infrequent those which are realeased show huge changes.

Ofcourse thats what i can say now, if i wait few months more i myself will become angry biter and sarcastic (and my soul will be corupted_, all becouse they forced me to wait for to long time, for the game of my dreams.

So, the only think i can tell you is you need to be patient... Maybe they will creat some kind of small arena to play on with ships for those who backed and have no infiltrator (some kind of skrimish mode) but i doubt it.
Grayblood

Postby Hagibah » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:11 pm

Well, all I really want is a timeline. That's what has made me the most upset. I get its a small team and a lot of work, but when people invest in your idea, they expect some sort of time till return on investment. I don't want to play an early release version either. I want to know the timeframe for when the full game will be released. It doesn't have to be an exact date, just a time frame. I really don't think that is such a terrible thing to ask for either. If they have their schedule set, they should be able to provide a rough estimate of when the game will be good enough for general use. They should have also scheduled in extra time for any issues that come up. As it is now, I'm thinking we won't be seeing this game until next year which is upsetting, but would be less if I knew there was a set time frame for delivery.
Hagibah

Postby Grayblood » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:32 pm

Well you have a good point and i do understand you. Situation is quite strange with this development as technicly there is alot of information coming from devs and yet there is none. Just will be ready when we are ready. I know they do not mean anything bad, but in some places you can consider this very disrespectfull towards customer.

So yea i can hear you.

I personaly wuld like just a litle bit of touch, to see something from world of game not a game itself but something like 3d space ship models that you can see on page (like in eve) or something like that. Ship designer or something.

I guess patienc is only anwser, and demanding having your money back when you really cannot wait, but i personaly if you really do not need those few $ to save your (or someone elses) life, just be patient and wait for steam key.
Grayblood

Postby Hagibah » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:01 pm

Yeah, I don't want my money back, but as you said its a bit annoying. I'm still really excited to play this game, but I'm also worried by the time it comes out I will have forgotten about it or be playing something else and have no interest.
Hagibah

Postby PerfectDeath » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:28 pm

The steam early access will come first; one of the things we have to keep in mind is that when we release we will get a surge of interest but if there is not enough to keep people occupied then we can miss out on maintaining that interest.

So, we have to strike a balance of developing more content and releasing early to capitalize on hype.
support@taitale.com - kickstarter@taitale.com
I try to be on our Steam Chat as often as possible.
PerfectDeath
Lore Master

Location: Everytime an infiltrator masterbates, Sypheria crashes the server.

Postby Shadows » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:49 pm

PerfectDeath wrote:The steam early access will come first; one of the things we have to keep in mind is that when we release we will get a surge of interest but if there is not enough to keep people occupied then we can miss out on maintaining that interest.

So, we have to strike a balance of developing more content and releasing early to capitalize on hype.

I don't care how long it takes, if it's another year... great. Push it out later then it needs to be, instead of earlier.
Shadows

Postby Jacota » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:05 am

I hope they release the game soon, I'm starting to loose interest, been waiting for this game for nearly a year :grin:
and still no Idea when it will be released?
Jacota

Postby Shadows » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:55 am

Jacota wrote:I hope they release the game soon, I'm starting to loose interest, been waiting for this game for nearly a year :grin:
and still no Idea when it will be released?

Patience, they need to get some fun features in first :P
They have smoothed out the game a ton, but there's a lot of work to still be done.
Shadows

Next

Return to General