Has a release timeline been announced?

Novus Aeterno discussions; what more needs to be said?

Re: Has a release timeline been announced?

Postby PerfectDeath » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:22 am

Game development is always ambiguous. We've had like, 5 different release "dates" within the past few years. We hit a bench mark in development and said, "hey this works, we should release in a few months."
Then, as the month closes, we assess the content in game and understand that we really should give it more time. This is especially true as there are many early access games on steam that are in a poor underdeveloped state. We'd rather make an example and do some more polishing before that.

The memory leak and packet loss issue had set us back and changed the timeline as well, but that time line for early access is still within the year.

I don't measure MMO development by years, rather decades (10 years), even if an MMO can release within 5-7 years of development it is nothing too spectacular until after that 10 year point. We're trying to figure out the best point along our development where we can open the live server and still provide content.

Some of the stuff we're adding includes the AI, saving, quests and chat servers.
support@taitale.com - kickstarter@taitale.com
I try to be on our Steam Chat as often as possible.
PerfectDeath
Lore Master

Location: Everytime an infiltrator masterbates, Sypheria crashes the server.

Postby Grayblood » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:52 am

Its understandable that you do not want to releas game now, thats actually sign of good menagment from your side (releasing product, that you know is not soo good in curent state is a bad thing). Hoever people start to get impatient and alitle bit frustrated, which is understandable. I pesonaly will get really angry and most probably ask for my money back, if i do not get early acess to the end of this year, becouse there is huge amount of games that are ready and good. It was my choice to trust you with money and buy product thats not even ready on asumption that i will have a taste of it.

Well here is some things that in my opinion will make situation beter that you may try to do.

Some kind of battlearena like space battle in empire at war, for evryone that suported you.

Some kind of develop-meater that shows exacly what you want to do and how far you are - in the progress towards early acess, that wuld be visible for anyone.

Interactive ship modeling and some other tuches from the game on the side for example app that wuld show how reserch, ship design or other things, work.

There is also ability to give acess to infiltrator for those who are waiting for steam relese in time when you will be unable to go for some reasons on early acess and people still have no game that they payed for.

Gj and luck with development, those effects that you shoved on latest post (sun) looked great.
Grayblood

Postby PerfectDeath » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:58 am

We do have a kind of battle arena feature implemented in game, we call them quests, they currently allow players to do a 1v1 in a separate place from the main game, you can even switch between the quest battle and the main galaxy without any loading screens.

That is going to be developed more over time.
support@taitale.com - kickstarter@taitale.com
I try to be on our Steam Chat as often as possible.
PerfectDeath
Lore Master

Location: Everytime an infiltrator masterbates, Sypheria crashes the server.

Postby Grayblood » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:24 pm

Oh sorry i wrote here thing that i wanted to put on other forum (not releted to NA, sorry for that). Edidted and removed thing.
Last edited by Grayblood on Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grayblood

Postby Sypheria » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:27 pm

People with infiltrator access don't have anything to do right now. We are fixing many systems that are broken or missing that make it an actual game and persistant.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Grayblood » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:36 pm

I see, i know you are doing your best developing game, and i am impresed with all you did especialy after seeing few latest streams. Hoever if you do not want to give early acess in the nearest time (do not tell me that steam early acess is coming soon, i have heard that 3 months ago, and afterall you sayed yourself
(as a dev) that there are things you need to do before it) then maybe you shuld think abaut alternative. Giving this arena that Perfectdeath mentioned as standalone techdemo in which you can do things to see how game looks like and how is it play, wuld be nice. I know its alot of work, i am just giving my idea.
Grayblood

Postby Sypheria » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:19 pm

That doesn't work properly right now.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Postby Grayblood » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:14 pm

I am not saying now, i am just sugesting simply thinking abaut this for futer, if you cannot relese full game, thats all :). BTW concepts for Aceans looked great (just refreshed them, they are awsome, sry for offtopic)
Grayblood

Postby Sypheria » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:58 pm

We are looking at 3-4 months.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Postby Grayblood » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:38 am

For this battlearena thing or for steam early acess? Thanks for coming up with the numbers :)
Grayblood

PreviousNext

Return to General